My one and only contest certificate (not a chaser – I am a “point-giver”), for one of my first QRP portable outings, I bought some new wire. It was the most stiff and kink-prone wire one could find. When I started to uncoil it, it turned into a spring and took me 2-3 hours to untangle it and I almost gave up!
As a group, we enjoy sharing our hard-earned portable amateur radio setup experience and help you get on the air without all the snags and tangles. So come on out and learn from the gang. Being able to play field day all year round is our passion. Try it – you’ll like it!
About 0800 or so we’ll start heading to the park to setup our gear. Sylvan Lake Park – Picnic Area A
- 0800 – 1200 EST
- Bring your sandwich and snacks if you’d like
- Bring along some water or cold drinks
- Normally we operate until noon, but feel free to stay longer if you’re having fun!
- QRP or max 15 watts requested to avoid rig damage due to proximity to other stations
- All modes welcome
- Come learn from one another and enjoy the outdoors
- Bring your license and rig, but we’ll share if you don’t have portable gear handy!
We will be glad to see you if you can make it! This is best time of the year for temperature and time outdoors!
72, Kelly K4UPG for the group!